These grilled oysters with hot butter are perfect for a special occasion. The pellet grill lends these oysters a special smoky flavor and make the experience a night to remember. Serve them with extra butter and bread for a delicious appetizer or main entrée and dazzle your guests.
- Start up your Louisiana Grill. Once it’s fired up, set the temperature to 400°F. If you’re using gas or charcoal, set up your grill to direct high heat.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, chopped parsley, and Champion Chicken until smooth and well combined.
- Put on your cut gloves. Place an oyster on a scrunched up dish towel, and place the oyster knife into the hinge of the oyster. Twist the knife while gently applying pressure. The oyster should pop open. Run your knife through the oyster under the top shell to cut the oyster free from the shell and allow the oyster to rest in the deep bottom shell with its juices. Repeat this with the remaining oysters, making sure that there are no shell bits in the oysters.
- Take the oysters out to the grill and place the oyster shells directly onto the grill. Place a ¼-1/2 teaspoon of the butter on top of the oyster—you want to fill the oyster but not overflow the shell.
- Grill the oyster for 2-3 minutes, or until the butter is bubbling and the oyster is plump. Immediately remove the oysters and serve. Repeat with remaining oysters.